Houlton secured the contract to undertake the external refurbishment of this Grade II listed building for the East Riding of Yorkshire Council and was procured via the YORbuild2 framework. The lighthouse, built in 1669 is reportedly the oldest surviving complete lighthouse in England.
Scaffolding was erected to enable the works. We then cut out the defective areas of pointing and repointed with lime putty both internally and externally. We also demolished and recast the concrete steps before cleaning down and re painting with lime wash to the exterior before striking the scaffold and clearing site.
An interesting project, and glad to that Houlton have been involved in maintaining one of the regions identifiable historic monuments.