The Lawns Centre is the catering and social hub part of the Lawns student accommodation complex (7 halls of residence) for the University of Hull built in the 1960’s, located within 40 acres of landscaped parkland in Cottingham, 3.5 miles away from the main University of Hull Campus.
This project involved internal and external redevelopment of the existing 2 storey building including repainting external cladding, replacement windows and re-roofing works.
Internal refurbishment and remodelling of ground and first floor areas including:
• Internal mechanical and electrical installation including the provision of external plant & fenced enclosures to existing flat roofs.
• New main entrance/foyer extension.
• Infilling of external yard to create additional floor space with rear entrance to playing fields & new reception.
• Forming of new curtain walling to main /rear entrances.
• Replacement aluminium d/g windows & doors.
• New internal doorsets & glazed panel system.
• New tensile canvas canopies and handrailing to bar external balcony area.
• Replacement flat roofing system.
• New food servery & refurbished dining room.
• New bar & refurbished seating areas.
• New gym & multi-use space.
• Refurbished teaching spaces & lecture theatre.
• New loose laid safety handrail to existing flat roof.