Another YORbuild re-roofing project for East Riding of Yorkshire Council but this time it included the provision of external insulation and rendering to 17 council properties at Cottingham and 5 at Melton. External wall insulation is the most cost effective way of insulating such older solid wall properties and was installed as part of The Green Deal schemes.
Tenants reported feeling the benefits of the 125mm thickness external wall insulation immediately it was installed as they had to turn down their boiler settings!
• Renewing existing roof coverings.
• Alterations and strengthening to roof members.
• New UPVC fascias, bargeboards and soffits.
• New rain water goods.
• Re-pointing to chimney stacks.
• Installation of new UPVC windows.
• Fixing of external insulation boards.
• Finishing with proprietary render system, including simulated brick effect to several properties.
• Alterations to soil and vent pipes and drain connections.
• Modifications to various services and fixings to the external walls.